Tuesday, January 29, 2013

More Randomness

For some reason I had tons of trouble with my post yesterday.  The end of it wouldn't post or the picture of my cute swimsuit and it ended all weird.  To all my followers, I am so, so sorry if my post showed up numerous times in your feed because I kept editing and reposting it.  Not sure how all that works.  I've got to learn all the ins and outs of the blogosphere.  Or just pay someone to do it for me!

The end of yesterday's post really just said that starting tomorrow, I will be at the Dixie National Livestock Show and it had a cute picture of kids at a show with their calves all lined up in the arena.  I will be surrounded by tons of barn animals and their smells.  This also means tons of packing and planning for this mama!  Since I'm such a procrastinator, today will be a mad dash to finish packing stuff up so my boys can get on the road right after school today.  Me and my little drama queen will head up tomorrow for the first show.

My journey to shape up is going great.  I honestly can't believe I'm sticking with this.  The old Mandy would've thrown in the towel the weekend I had a major food issues.  My co-worker/gym partner quit on me yesterday.  She hated it.  I however, am sticking it out.  I actually enjoy going.  It's a satisfied feeling I get afterwards.  It's knowing that I'm doing this for ME.  It's the feeling of accomplishment.  I also haven't really minded eating right either.  Last night I made spaghetti and instead of ground beef, I used ground chicken.  I had no idea they even had ground chicken until I saw it in Kroger last week.  And it was cheaper than fatty hamburger meat and I saved calories - win, win!  I now snack on fruit instead of a little debbie.  I have a huge sweet tooth and I do eat sweets - in moderation.  I don't believe in completely depriving yourself.  I bought some low fat ice cream last weekend and as soon as I got home, I portioned it out so now there's no guessing about how much I eat and the temptation to overeat isn't there.  It's the little things that add up to make a big difference for me.  I know I've said this before, but I also gain HUGE motivation from the blogging world.  I never realized how much a stranger on the internet can inspire you so much.  Today, I'm channeling Leigh Ann and leaving you with some motivation/honesty/humor, whatever you call it!

Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment