Monday, January 14, 2013

Mama got some new shoes!

Well, we had a pretty uneventful weekend.  Saturday, the kids and I rode to New Orleans to see the hubby/their daddy.  It's a 2 1/2 hour drive from home so needless to say, we were gone all day and I had 3 meals of fast food.  I did manage to stay under my calories for the day and even had 58 left over.  Yesterday, I ended up going 40 calories over, so I guess it was a wash for the 2 days.

One thing that I'm so excited about is my new shoes.  On the way home, we stopped by Perfectly Fit in Hammond and I got fitted for shoes.  Over the past few weeks, I've noticed my feet rolling to the outside when I walk.  The tread on the bottom of my shoes are completely worn on the outside and almost new on the inside.  At first, I was a skeptic about the whole getting fitted for shoes thing.  I thought it was just an excuse to sell over priced shoes.  I was totally wrong!  I literally tried on about 10 pair of shoes and it was a little overwhelming.  I've never really spent more than $50 on a pair of tennis shoes, so this was a huge decision.  I narrowed it down to the Brooks Ghost and Mizuno Creation.  I went with the Mizunos because they felt like they had a little more support in the heel and didn't feel as wide in the toe area as the Brooks.  I'm excited to workout today and see if I can really feel the difference.

I'm also excited about Weigh-In Wednesday.  I'm such a creature of habit, that I weigh myself almost every day.  I know my weight fluctuates, but I've lost a few LBs already.  I'm anxious to see just how many.

Hope all 2 of my readers everyone has a great Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment