(A little backstory: Hunter is almost 10 now, very laid back, can keep to himself or talk to anyone who will listen. Abigail is now 7, very high strung, talks way too much, and thinks she's a princess. This will help explain why I have way more Abigail stories than Hunter stories. I'm not showing favoritism. This also explains why I have 736 pictures on my phone and Hunter may be in 30 of them!)
- One day while riding somewhere, the kids were in the back seat arguing when Matt says in true parent form "If y'all don't stop, I'm pulling this car over and somebody's getting a spanking." He slows the car down but doesn't actually stop. Of course the kids get quiet and a little later we hear Abigail whisper to Hunter, "Whew that was close."
- Hunter decided one day that all of a sudden he could speak Spanish. Then he proceeds to say, "Hola, I can speak espanol."
- Abigail loves going with me to get her nails and toes painted and she always gets so tickled listening to the ladies talk. One day, she tells me, "I wouldn't want to be a finger nailer because I don't want to learn how to speak Chinese!"
- During the Super Bowl the New England Patriots were leading when Hunter says, "They can barely speak English but they're winning a football game?!?!" He thought the team was from England.
- We were getting ready to go to town one day and Abigail was insisting on wearing her princess Halloween costume. It wasn't even close to Halloween and I told her no, because nobody wears a princess outfit to town. She then tried to convince me by saying "I can wear it and people may think I'm a real princess and we can just pretend that I am and they won't really know."
She has her own fashion sense.
Disney - November 2010