Friday, June 14, 2013

Tardy for the Parties - Weigh-In Wednesday & Letter to 21 Year Old Mandy

I have seriously considered deleting my blog because I don't like to do anything half way.  I have been so swamped this week that I haven't had a chance to blog (or put up the mound of clean laundry on my bed).  So, here's 2 posts in 1 just 2 days and 1 day late!!

Pretty Strong Medicine

I can't tell you how much I love Weigh-In Wednesday.  It has been such a huge source of encouragement.  Since starting my Macro plan, I have been weighing in on Mondays instead of Wedesndays.  My eating plan has pretty much been a clean diet with no junk food.  So far it has worked very well.  I actually don't have the cravings for the junk food like I once did and I don't get hungry.  This is a win in my book!  I have slacked off with my workouts this week.  I just haven't made the time.  I am not a morning person but I eventually want to be.  I think I'm going to make that one of my goals before summer is over.  I want to be able to get up early and workout.  Sorry this was a short & sweet Weigh-In Wednesday.  My only advice for anyone reading this and looking for it - You have to seriously make up your mind to do it.  You can't do it for your husband or your kids, you have to want it for you.  It has taken me a long time to realize that and to make my mind up to do it.  You will have 'off' days and it's getting back on track that counts.  Always remember that one bad meal or even one bad day doesn't make you a failure.


And now for my letter to my 21 year old self.


I just love Holly (who doesn't?) and Jake seems to be the good, southern, boy next door.  So, here's my letter.  I also want to say that 21 was over 10 years ago for me and it was kinda hard to remember back to those times!

Dear 21 year old Mandy,

Even though you just got married 2 weeks ago, you should seriously consider going back to finish your last 2 years of college.  I know you love your job at the bank and don't want to do anything else but there will come a day when banking isn't fun anymore.  If you decide not to be a teacher, go into accounting.

Be wise with your money.  Think about everything you buy and don't buy things just because you want it and have the money.  There will be days when times are tight and you will regret not being frugal and saving more.

Get back in touch your former best friend.  No matter what happened the first year of college, she was your best friend for so many years.  Don't worry about who did what.  Suck it up and call her.  You will begin talking again over the years but you will be more like acquaintances, and won't be as close as you once were.  

Take care of yourself.  This includes eating right and exercise.  Clean out your drawer of Little Debbie's in the kitchen and do some research on eating clean.  You don't have kids and since your husband works out of town, you have plenty of time to workout.  You have no excuse!  You will have kids and being healthy and fit before then will be a great thing. 

Learn to love the house you bought.  It was a 'fixer upper' so don't expect a mansion.  You will both put in lots of sweat and tears but it will be yours.  Also, there is a family of bats living in the space above the second floor bathroom.  While renovating, they will fly through the ceiling into your bedroom at night.  Cover this hole up before going to bed.

Lastly, let loose and enjoy life!  Mellow out some and don't let things get to you.

Love,
A much older and wiser Mandy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up, Mandy! And don't toss the blog out the window.... just post when YOU want to post. :)

    ReplyDelete