Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Weigh-In Wednesday


I have taken a little hiatus from the scale lately so I have no idea what I weigh.  I do know that my clothes don't fit any differently.  In the last week, I have had 4 people comment that I've lost weight even though my weight hasn't really changed for about the last month.  I will confess that my eating hasn't been what it should.  Not to make an excuse, but we had my daughter's birthday party this weekend and there were a dozen cupcakes left and I may have eaten 4 of them.  I have issues with wasted food and I would rather eat it than throw it away.  So I mentioned last week that I was going to meal plan and get back on track this week.  Well, due to said birthday party and all that entails, I completely didn't make time for it.  I also forgot that Monday was April 15 and I had not even started on our taxes.  I got them finished, but may have had 2 of those cupcakes in process.  I usually do pretty well eating during the day, it's when I get home in the evenings that's a problem for me. 

I so wish I could be one of those people that are hard core, super motivated, nothing stands in the way attitude, but I'm just so laid back, go with the flow type person that I lose my steam so early on and think ehh, it'll be okay.  Thinking back 2 months ago, I was determined.  I went to the gym because I enjoyed it.  I didn't crave the not-so-healthy foods.  Then I lost it.  I have to find it again.  I need my moment.  I'm planning on a beach trip in about 6 weeks and I want to be ready.  Not just to look good in a swim suit, but to feel good and have tons of energy to go all day.  I know I've said it so many times, but I will do better.  

I did want to say that I so appreciate all the comments I have gotten.  I apologize that I haven't taken the time to write back.  I'm still trying to learn the ropes of blogging and how to email you back. 

And one more thing because I feel like it's been at the fore front of our minds the last few days - Pray for Boston and those that were affected by that tragedy.  I have never ran a race, only walked a few 5k's but running a marathon is on my bucket list.  I can't imagine what those people are going through.  Who would have ever thought that something like that would happen during a marathon.  On the other hand, it's very comforting to see the tons of people that ran to help those in need.  #prayforboston

Hope y'all have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Staying motivated is possibly the hardest part! Hang in there!

    Sarah
    mamasgotittogether.com

    ReplyDelete